The main objectives of EQANIE in the area of accreditation and quality assessment are:
- Improving the quality of educational programmes in informatics;
- providing an appropriate “European label” for accredited educational programmes in informatics;
- facilitating mutual transnational recognition of programmes by validation and certification;
- facilitating recognition by the competent authorities, in accord with the EU directives and other agreements;
- increasing mobility of graduates as recommended by the Lisbon Strategy
Consistent with the framework of the Bologna process, accreditation distinguishes between first and second cycle study programmes; it covers informatics degree programmes offered by all types of Higher Education Institutions (HEI).
The Statutes of EQANIE can be found here.